Transformed by God

Powerful.

Repeatedly, that word rolled off the lips of those who heard Rylie Robinson’s testimony last Lord’s Day evening here in Indianapolis. One person said “We haven’t heard something that powerful in this church in years!” I’m not sure there was a dry eye in the house last week, but it was no bare sentimentality, it was awe in the face of God’s power. It’s the kind of story I imagine Barnabas telling about other new believers as he traveled in the days of the early church. We need to see God working powerfully in our day. Our covenant children need to see God change people by his might before their eyes. You need to hear this testimony.

The Lord brought nineteen year-old Rylie Robinson to a Bible study in our home through the invitation of a classmate five months ago. We as a church have enjoyed the privilege of growing together with Rylie in Christ since then. I’ll let her tell the rest.

If you have nine minutes and nine seconds to spare, listen.  You’ll hear a story that will:

• Astound you with the power of God.
  • Fill your heart with gratitude for grace.
  • Lift your voice in praise to God.
  • Kindle a fresh love in your heart for the Savior.
  • Challenge you to new obedience.
  • Drive you to your knees to ask God to do it again (and again and again and again).

With Rylie’s permission, and at her request, her story is here. You can read her blog here. Please pray for her.

Note: to explain the picture, Rylie was born blind; she was reading from a Braille reader as she spoke.

1. wendy brant March 16, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Amen Rylie. Wendy Brant

2. Venkatesh March 17, 2012 at 4:18 am #

Thanks James for sharing this. It was indeed powerful and encouraging. To God be the glory.

3. John Rakshith March 18, 2012 at 11:39 pm #

Praise the Lord!

4. Jessie Johnston March 22, 2012 at 6:52 am #

What a great testimony of God’s powerful love – gives strength to the weak. I enjoyed hearing this – thanks for posting!

5. Sharon Cottrell April 7, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Hi Rylie
    I enjoyed reading your Testimonie . I could relate so much to almost everything you said . I am trying to build a personel relationship W/ God ! but have trouble maybe giving myself entirely to God . I also had a daughter Sarah who before she passed away in 03 at 21 had developed a condition Psuedo Tumor and it damaged her optic nerves so much that it left her legally blind 30/40 loss in one eye 50/60 in the other .With you being totally blind i can only imagine the struggles you face in life . Life sometimes can be hard enough and then the loss of your vision only makes it harder for you i would think. You seem to have a really good attitude . As my Sarah also faced her struggles and loss of vision with a positive attitude. God Bless you !! Thankyou for sharing and for also letting me share . Blessings to you and the best of wishes for you. Sharon Cottrell

6. Pam Hall April 10, 2012 at 10:21 am #

Rylie –
    My name is Pam. I work with Laura at the local CEF office. From that first Bible study, Laura has asked for prayer for you and it’s been a blessing to pray for you. Just today I finally made it on here to listen to your testimony. I am so thrilled with it! God has done a wonderful thing in your life and it’s wonderful that you are giving Him all the praise and the glory, which is all due Him. I am continuing to pray for you, that you will abide in Him, daily. To God be the glory!

1. Picking Up Your Cross and Following Jesus | To See Through Experience - March 17, 2012

[…] you would like to hear my testimony, go here. The audio link is at the end of the article. Thank you thank you thank you to all of those who have […]