For those who would like to think further about Satan’s fall and God’s peculiar response to the kingdom of darkness (from a distinctly Reformed perspective), I’d encourage you to consider this book.
Here are some questions that emerge and seek to be answered in this work:
- What could possibly convince angels to follow Satan in his mutinous designs? Would a mere expression of pride somehow persuade?
- 1 John 3:8b says, “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.” That is an incredible statement. What are these works? And how did Christ destroy them?
- Why is sin ironic? Why does it purchase the opposite of what it promises?
- Did Satan know that the cross would undue him? Did he foresee its effects?
- Knowing what terrible things would come to pass, why did God create the angel we now know as Satan?
- When were the elect angels confirmed in holiness?
Many other questions are raised and explored. So if your interest is at all piqued, I’d encourage you to give it a look. Merely click the image for the PDF. Or you can download it here.
Do share your thoughts. I’d love to hear from you, even if you disagree. Iron sharpens iron, after all.